As we’re practising our automation and coding skills we want to have an IDE that’s free but gives the core features we’d see in the workplace. That can be achieved by using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition. Let’s get it set-up on our system.
1. Open a web browser and navigate to https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/ Download the free Community 2017 edition.
2. In your Downloads folder (or download location) double click the download manager and complete the full file download for VS 2017 Community edition.
3. Double-click the installer and choose the default installation settings. The installation is big, so you’ll need to go and make a cup of coffee, tea, etc.
4. Once installation is complete, you’ll need to restart your system. If you see any warnings you can ignore these.
5. If you’ve not done so already, you’ll be prompted to make an account and sign-in to VS 2017 Community Edition. Go ahead and do this.
That’s it, you’re installed and signed-in ready to go!
The Selenium Guys